Tuesday, June 8, 2010

RawEdge Circles at The Oasis

I made a bit more progress today on my Raw Edge Circle Quilt. I'm using an Oz layer cake and a chocolate brown Bella Solid, all from MODA.





My quilt is inspired by Cluck.Cluck.Sew's tutorial:


http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2009/12/raw-edge-circle-quilt-tutorial.html






If only I could stop being so sidetracked by this lovely new addition in my back yard. Appropriately named "Oasis de Rae" by my most recent guests. Such a lovely distraction.



Hopefully I can get some more sewing done tomorrow evening at our monthly meeting of the Heritage Sewing Group.
As I get these blocks completed I'm going to be faced with the tough decision of how to set them together. I'm contemplating chocolate brown sashing, perhaps with each row slightly offset from the other. I'm afraid that setting them together without sashing (like the original) is going to look strange for my version.  Your input is appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. This quilt is going to be so fabulous! I think the sashing will really make to circles pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your swimming pool is KILLING me. I would like to die right there. I'm pretty sure that should be my backyard. heavenly. Oasis de Des. I like the sound of that.

    I've been loving that cluck cluck quilt too. I can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete